9am to 4pm

Monday to Friday

2100 North 31st Street

Fort Smith, AR 72904

+1 479 755 4663


Rental Property FAQs

How do I know if I qualify for an income-based unit?

Your annual household income must be under a certain amount and that amount is determined by your household size. After weโ€™ve established that you meet the income requirements, we will gather information about each member of the household to determine what size unit you will qualify for, this will be based off the age, gender, and relationship of each member.

How does renting a house work?

Once you have submitted your application, we will review it and add you to our waitlist, once you are next on the list, we will mail you a letter explaining what documents you will need to move forward. Once you have gathered those documents, we ask that you call or email us to schedule an appointment to bring those documents in; at that appointment we will also have a few verification forms you will sign that will allow us to run your background/credit check as well as landlord verifications and things of that sort. The verification process can take up to 14 business days and after completion of this process we will mail you a letter notifying you of an approval or denial. Upon approval we can accept your deposit and will then be able to send your documents over to the housing authority where they will schedule another appointment with you to sit and go over what your rent amount will be. After that appointment, an inspection on your assigned unit will be scheduled and upon the completion of the inspection, we will then be able to schedule a day and time to complete your lease signing and give you keys!

How is income-based rent determined?

At your appointment with an FSHA case manager they will sit down with you and go over all your financial information and will determine what amount would be affordable for you.

How do I go about buying a house?

Compass Realty & Construction Group makes that process easy!

Tap here to call and speak with one of our friendly agents!

What documents will I need to rent a house or apartment?

The documents needed will vary based on what type of unit you are applying for. Once you are next on the waitlist, we will mail you a letter with all the documents you will need.

Is there a waitlist to rent a house or apartment?

Majority of our units do have a waitlist; the waitlist time will vary based off what size and type of unit you are applying for.

What is the difference in having a SEC8 voucher and looking for an income-based unit?

In a nutshell, PBV is a voucher attached to the unit itself, ย meaning you cannot take that voucher with you when you move. TBV is a voucher attached to you and you may take that voucher with you and use it at another property so long as they accept SEC8 vouchers.